Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Day 4 - Peace on Earth.

A meme appeared on my Facebook newsfeed today.
It isn't a new thought.  I've considered it before.  But is has affected me.
I read so many comments and posts about the wrongs/rights of Ferguson.  I hear reports of Jewish/Palestinian tensions in the mideast, our long involvement in Afghanistan, the Sudan.  I debate with friends the issues of gun control, and I so look forward to the increasing numbers of reports from various sources about the war on Christmas (he writes sarcastically).

It is no surprise that I struggle with a lot of the politics and what is labeled "traditional Christian values" of the day.  I struggle a lot.  It isn't a newsflash that we live in a divisive culture.  Politics, religion, sexuality, heck, even recipes can cause intense discussion and debate.   But I cannot comprehend how in the season when we so anticipate the coming of the Prince of Peace, we can so easily withhold and deny it to others.

I have often said that if I make mistakes in living my life, I hope that I will always err on the side of grace.  That includes getting my spirit ready for the Advent of God once again.

Several hours ago the following clip went through my mind.  It may be, perhaps, one of my favorite Christmas moments/songs.   I recall the first time it aired.  It had an impact.   I post it now, hoping it has an impact again.



At least on me.

1 comment:

  1. I've always loved their duet. When we come in peace we bring all of ourselves, which is our finest gift.

    ReplyDelete